Insulin is an important item in Survivalist. It is primarily used to keep Alice Ivers alive as she has Type 1 Diabetes.
Insulin also has a heavy price from trading. Insulin can be traded to acquire gold in large quantities.
In total there are 62 doses of Insulin that can be found:
- 6 in Isham's Sienna Pharmacy
- 20 sold by Clay Parker in Fort Kohai
- 2 given by Johnny Casey in return for stealing crops from Fat Neils
- 5 in Johnny Casey's house (key given by Jonny Casey in return for burning down Fat Neils watchtower)
- 2 given by Josephine Jackson in return for stealing crops from McCoys
- 5 in Buckeye Hospital (key given by Josephine Jackson in return for burning down McCoys barn)
- 5 in Monkey Wrench Gulch Pharmacy (key given by Juanita Baca for rescuing her from Los Ceros)
- 5 in Red Sands Hospital (key given by Bud Anderson)
- 2 given by Sam Deetz of Santa Maddalena for free.
- 10 in Pequeno Canyon Pharmacy (key given by Amelia Murphy)
|“||Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas in healthy individuals. It causes cells in the liver, skeletal muscles, and fat tissue to absorb glucose from the blood. People with type 1 diabetes cannot produce their own insulin, and therefore require it from an external source, such as injection, in order to survive.||”|
— In-game Description